TPS Update: Relaxation of uniform requirements
Given the potential for shifts between distance and in-person learning in the 2020-2021 school year, we are relaxing student uniform requirements. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has created or increased the economic challenges that some of our families face. We hope that relaxing the uniform requirements will provide some relief for parents as we prepare for an uncertain school year. If you have uniforms and wish to use them, you are welcome to do so. If you are in a situation where you would prefer not to purchase uniforms, your school leaders will be supportive of that decision as well.
If you need support with food, clothing, housing, utilities, or social services referrals, contact United Way 211 by texting “211OK” to the number 898-211 or calling 2-1-1 from your mobile device.
Our district dress code will remain in effect, and you can find those guidelines on our website. For more information about planning for the 2020-2021 school year, visit www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Actualización de TPS: El uso del uniforme escolar no será obligatorio
Dado los posibles cambios entre el aprendizaje presencial y a distancia en el año escolar 2020-2021, el uso de los uniformes escolares no será obligatorio. Sabemos que la pandemia de COVID-19 ha creado o aumentado los desafíos económicos que enfrentan algunas de nuestras familias. Esperamos que esta decisión proporcione cierto alivio a los padres mientras nos preparamos para un año escolar incierto. Si tiene uniformes y desea usarlos, puede hacerlo. Si se encuentra en una situación en la que preferiría no comprar uniformes, los líderes de su escuela también apoyarán esa decisión.
Si necesita ayuda de alimentos, ropa, vivienda, servicios públicos o servicios sociales, comuníquese con United Way 211 enviando un mensaje de texto con el mensaje "211OK" al número 898-211 o llamando al 2-1-1 desde su dispositivo móvil.
Nuestro código de uniformes del distrito seguirá vigente y puede encontrarlo en nuestro sitio web. Para obtener más información sobre la planificación para el año escolar 2020-2021, visite www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
- Polo shirts can be long sleeve or short sleeve
- No t-shirts, or sleeveless shirts. All shirts must have collars
- No writing, logos, stripes, or patterns
- Polo shirts must be navy blue or black
- Students may wear an undershirt to stay warm in any color under their uniform shirt.
Pants & Shorts
- No cargo pants/shorts or jeans
- Denim and skinny-type pants are not considered to be uniform wear and are not allowed.
- Pants should fit properly in all areas. No sagging is allowed.
- Shorts must extend below the fingertips when the child is standing with hands to their sides
- Pants and shorts are to be khaki only
Dresses, Skirts & Jumpers
- Length must extend below the fingertips when the child is standing with hands to their sides.
- Jumpers must have a collared shirt underneath
- No writing, logos, stripes, or patterns
- Skirts may be khaki in color
- Jumpers may be navy blue in color with a white shirts are allowed.
- Shoes must be lace-up, buckle, zip or velcro and have a closed heel or a heel strap.
- Any Color
- Flip-Flops are not allowed as per TPS School Board Policy
Jackets & Coats
**More information coming soon**
Tights & Leggings
- Tights/leggings should be worn under a skirt or dress
- They are not to be worn as pants alone
2020 - 2021
School Supply List
Costume headbands, scarves, and purses are not allowed in the classroom, they must be kept in student lockers while at school. All jewelry and hair accessories should be modest
and not distract from learning. The teacher may choose to have them remove any pieces that become a distraction. Hats or jacket hoods are not to be worn inside the building.
Spirit days every Friday
Students may wear a STAR shirt (purchased from PTA) with regular uniform bottoms on Fridays.
Free Dress Day
On free dress days, students may wear any school appropriate clothes they choose.
However, shoes still need to be athletic style. Make sure all shorts, skirts and shorts are appropriate lengths. No profanity, costumes, or pajamas. Shoulder straps must be a minimum of the width of two fingers of the person wearing the garment.
***Adjustments to the dress code may be made for special events.***